Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It must be hard to be a blogger.

So I've looked over and over seeing that each day passes, then months pass, then, well, it's been damn near a year since I've last updated.  It seems that starting this blog has been more than I reckoned for.   In short, this past year I have applied for graduate school and got accepted; left my full time job at  ECU; I married an absolutely beautiful and amazing woman and then moved to the mountains of NC for that graduate school mentioned earlier (Western Carolina University).   The piece in my last post ("An Ode to Architectural Form") won best-in-show in the North Charleston Outdoor Sculpture show.  My fellow Graduate students and I had a show at the Bascom Center for the Visual Arts in Highlands, NC and we are soon having a group show at the Grove Arcade in Asheville, NC.

Graduate school is absolutely amazing. I really do miss working at ECU but I am happy to be moving on toward my goal of MFA.  Western Carolina University has a program I really enjoy, though at times it falls short in the tool department, I just keep pushing forward.  My professors and fellow students are absolutely helpful in all my endeavors.  The program affords us the opportunity to have so many great visiting artists; most recently, Trenton Doyle Hancock, sat down with each of us for personal studio visits and critiques (He was great to talk to!).  Lastly, we (the grads) are going to New York in March for studio and gallery visits!

Oh, I was also voted in as the student board representative for Tri-State Sculptors, a great organization with worldwide membership!

I'll try to remember some updates over the next week or so with pictures of my first semester of graduate school and links to our show at the Bascom.

Don't forget to check out my web site: www.krutschworks.com and share it around.  I have a few new pieces posted there as well.

Cheers!
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment